How to Setup your BlackBerry for Email Access
You can set up your email account on your BlackBerry. To do this, follow the instructions below to manually configure the email account.
It's important to understand that when your server details change, you may need to do this process again in order to update your email account authentication information.
## Manual configuration
The first step is to log into your cPanel account so you are aware of your email account details. If you are unsure on how to do this, please view the following help article - '[How to log into cPanel](https://hostpresto.com/help/article/1)'.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/QRmld56.png "BlackBerry Step 1")
Once you have successfully logged in, either type email into the search box or scroll down to the '**Email**' section as per the below. Select the first option shown '**Email Accounts**'.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/zmGkjEz.png "BlackBerry Step 2")
You should find that you are in your email accounts management section. If you scroll down, you should find the email account record for the one which you are looking to set up on your BlackBerry. Against that record, you should see an option shown as '**Configure Mail Client**' which you need to select.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/jJBCqda.png "BlackBerry Step 3")
Scrolling down to the '**Manual Settings**' heading, you will locate the manual settings required for the email account. It is recommended to use the '**Secure SSL/TLS Settings**' as highlighted on the left for secure setup on IMAP. However, if you prefer setup on non-secure POP, please use the '**Non-SSL Settings**' on the right. Please make a note of these or refer back to them later as they will be used further down.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/HqdUFED.jpg "BlackBerry Step 4")
Next, on your BlackBerry, open the '**Settings**' application.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/vMlvKoD.jpg "BlackBerry Step 5")
Select '**Accounts**' from the menu.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/eg4sY21.jpg "BlackBerry Step 6")
Select '**Advanced**' from the bottom.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/AeD3nf4.jpg "BlackBerry Step 7")
Select '**IMAP**' (secure and recommended) or '**POP**' from the menu.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/OtYbth1.jpg "BlackBerry Step 8")
Enter the details for your email account:
- '**Description**': A name for the email account.
- '**Your Name**': The name that recipients will see.
- '**Username**': The username which will be the same as your email account email address.
- '**Email Address**': The email account email address.
- '**Password**': The email account password.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/5DSoplq.jpg "BlackBerry Step 9")
- '**Server Address**': Your email account incoming server address.
- '**Port**': Your incoming server port.
- '**Encryption**': Choose 'SSL' for IMAP or 'None' for POP.
- '**IMAP Path Prefix**': Leave empty.
- '**SMTP Username**': Your email account email address.
- '**SMTP Password**': Your email account password.
- '**SMTP Server Address**': Your email account outgoing server address.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/nMzKQNX.jpg "BlackBerry Step 10")
- '**SMTP Port**': SMTP port.
- '**SMTP Encryption**': Choose 'SSL' for IMAP or 'None' for POP.
Choose '**Done**' to save the information.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/HaNQeeF.jpg "BlackBerry Step 11")
Once complete, you will see that the new account has been added.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/efDKLJ6.jpg "BlackBerry Step 12")
If you return to the Home screen followed by swiping left, then choose BlackBerry '**Hub**', you will find your emails.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/uMOxpPH.jpg "BlackBerry Step 13")
Your BlackBerry has now been set up for email access and you can now start sending and receiving emails.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
How to log into cPanel
There are two different methods to log into your cPanel control panel in order to manage every...