Installing Software / Apps Using Softaculous
Software installs such as Softaculous are a simple and fast way to install a script onto your website. Using a very popular example such as Wordpress, you can create a website within minutes. Softaculous boasts having 394 great scripts, 1000 PHP classes and they plan on adding many more in the future.
* * *
## Browse Softaculous Apps
Log into your cPanel account and scroll down to the '**Softaculous Apps Installation**' section. This area will provide a variety of applications that can be installed on your account such as WordPress, Joomla, OpenCart, phpBB and WHMSC.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/QMYRfZ2.png "Installing via softaculous 1")
In this article, we're going to show how to install '**WordPress**'.
* * *
## Install WordPress using Softaculous
Select '**WordPress**' from the available scripts list.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/ekRSIff.png "Installing via softaculous 2")
Choose '**Install**' positioned on the left and highlighted as follows:
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/rYLwTz1.png "Installing via softaculous 3")
* * *
The installation requires you to complete the following:
##### Software Setup
* '**Choose Protocol**' - The protocol of your website.
* '**Choose Domain**' - This should be automatically completed as per your account's domain.
* '**In Directory**' - If you'd like the WordPress software to be the primary page of your website, leave this section empty. However, if you wish to set it up in a separate directory because you already have a website, choose a directory such as 'blog' or 'wordpress'. No forward slashes need to be added.
##### Site Settings
* '**Site Name**' - The site name will be featured in the header of your WordPress website and show on every page.
* '**Site Description Domain**' - The site description, or welcome message, that will accompany beneath your website name.
* '**Enable Multisite (WPMU)**' - Only required to be ticked if you plan on creating multiple WordPress websites.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/7jh9oUz.png "Installing via softaculous 4")
Continue down to further options.
* * *
##### Admin Account
* '**Admin Username**' - The username of your admin account, most commonly 'Admin'.
* '**Admin Password**' - The admin account password.
* '**Admin Email**' - The admin account email address.
##### Choose Language
* '**Select Language**' - Your native language.
##### Select Plugins
* '**Limit Login Attempts (Loginizer)**' - This option will limit the amount of login attempts that your WordPress admin area receives. This is a helpful option in case there's a malicious user trying to gain access to your website.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/CtHnrKH.png "Installing via softaculous 5")
* * *
##### Select Theme
You can choose a stock theme provided to you by the script. Make your choice using the '**Select**' option beneath the theme, otherwise continue ahead. Choose '**Install**' at the end of the page to progress to the next stage.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/auqO2Qw.png "Installing via softaculous 6")
If you would like to receive an email following the installation, you can add your email address at the bottom of the page.
* * *
After a few moments, you should see visual confirmation that the software has been installed successfully along with your WordPress account information.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/4RdUvqY.png "Installing via softaculous 7")
* * *
If you now go ahead and visit your the website address where WordPress was installed to, you should see the website as per the installation settings that you provided.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/pg9K36B.png "Installing via softaculous 8")
Installing software using Softaculous is now complete.
* * *
- 0 Users Found This Useful
How to log into cPanel
There are two different methods to log into your cPanel control panel in order to manage every...