URL redirection is a helpful technique used to make a web page available under more than one URL address or to prevent broken links if a site / page has moved. For example, www.your-domain.com/old-page can be redirected to www.your-new-domain.com/example.
* * *
The first step is to log into your cPanel account. If you are unsure on how to do this, please view the following help article - '[How to log into cPanel](https://hostpresto.com/help/article/1)'.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/QRmld56.png "URL redirects 1")
* * *
Under the '**Domains**' title, click onto '**Redirects**'.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/NV6qsk0.png "URL redirects 2")
* * *
Select and enter the respective information for the redirect.
* **Type** - Choose 'Permanent(301)' .
* **http://(www.)?** - Select the domain from the drop down menu.
* **/** - Enter a particular page / section of the domain if needed. For example, if you want a redirect from just http://www.your-old-domain.com/old-page, enter just 'old-page'.
* **Redirects to** - Enter the full domain where you want the redirect to go to - _the exact domain will need to include http:// or https://_.
* **Redirection type** - Select your redirection preference. '**Only redirect with www**' ( the redirect will work if only visitors are using www. as a part of the URL), '**Redirect with or without www**' (the redirect will work regardless of using www. as a part of URL or not) or '**Do Not Redirect www**' (the redirect will not work if visitors are using www. as a part of URL).
* **Wild Card Redirect** - Ticked will perform a wildcard catch on the redirect to the page specified (recommended).
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/AOMGtmH.png "URL redirects 3")
* * *
Once you have entered the redirect information, select '**Add**' to complete.
![alt text](https://i.imgur.com/PsooNjr.png "URL redirects 4")
Creating a URL redirect is now complete.
* * *
- 0 Users Found This Useful
How to log into cPanel
There are two different methods to log into your cPanel control panel in order to manage every...