Serif WebPlus is a website building application for Microsoft Windows systems. It allows users to design, build and publish your own website to your hosting account.
This article will explain how to configure and upload your website via FTP using Serif WebPlus.
Before you start, you will need to know:
- Your FTP server/host name
- Your FTP username
- Your FTP password
You should have this information sent to you by email in your welcome from us titled 'New Account Information'.
Open Serif WebPlus. Choose the 'Publish site' icon from the top menu.
Choose 'Accounts' from the top right hand corner section.
When prompted, enter your 'Account Details'.
- Account name - A name for your account.
- FTP address - Your FTP address
- Port number - Your FTP port number
- Folder - The folder for your files i.e. www.your-domain.com/web
- Username - Your FTP username
- Password - Your FTP Password
- Passive Mode - This is ticked by default
- Website URL - Your website URL i.e. www.your-domain.com
Once you have entered the respective information, click OK.
Confirm that your details are correct and select 'Update Account'.
You now need to choose what files that you would like to upload to your account. To select all files, check the 'Publish All Pages' option and proceed to selecting 'OK'.
The upload process will now initialise. Depending on the size of your files, the upload may take some minutes to complete.
Once the upload has finished, choose the Close option.
The website publising process should now be complete. You can now choose the 'View this URL ->' option to browse your website in your preferred browser.
Once you are finished, choose Close.
Uploading files using Serif WebPlus is now complete.