These days, many companies and professionals alike are beginning to recognise the importance of good collaboration skills when it comes to keeping organisations running smoothly. People all over the world need an agile and reliable way to connect over a range of platforms, without sabotaging the security of their projects.
One of the areas where the value of collaboration has begun to grow most significantly is in the environment of development and design. Designers and developers need to work together seamlessly over their projects if they want to perform according to client expectations and meet deadlines. Fortunately, tools like Zeplin have emerged to break down the walls between the developer and designer teams in any business.
Zeplin is a tool that allows UI designers to connect with front-end developers, helping teams with the design hand-off process, as well as the workflow too. With Zeplin, experts can upload visual designs and wireframes straight from other applications like Sketch into project folders within Zeplin, and annotations can automatically be added to those designs too, leaving the team with a repository of information everyone can access.
The Zeplin Experience for Designers
Zeplin is intended to bridge the gaps between the different segments of a creative company. With it, handing-off the design concept to a developer has never been simpler. Zeplin knew that designers often find the concept of preparing specs for designers to be tedious, but with Zeplin, everything can be handled instantly with a single click. Zeplin allows designers to:
- Maintain up-to-date style guides with information that automatically updates. This ensures that team members always see the latest resources and information.
- Generate assets easily: With Zeplin, designers can choose the specific asset they want to export, then the app will generate every size of that asset according to the needs of the designer's chosen platform.
- Connect with team members: Whenever a designer needs help to upgrade their design or implement something new, all they need to do is tap into the easy-to-access Slack integration on Zeplin or add an annotated note. Zeplin can work alongside Slack, making sure that team members are notified whenever a new resource gets an update.
The Zeplin Experience for Developers
For developers, Zeplin is intended to make inspecting and implementing new specifications as simple and painless as possible. All you need to do is click on a layer and you'll be able to see all the information on the platform. With Zeplin, developers can:
- Banish repetitive work: You can export code snippets out of designs automatically with Zeplin, so all the repetition is dealt with on your behalf. This means that you can focus on the more creative parts of your career.
- Manage assets easily: You can export the assets you need for a development project directly from the screen, so you don't get lost in folders.
- Get notified instantly: Whenever a designer uploads something new to the project, you can receive an instant notification through Slack.
Simplifying Workflow with Zeplin
Zeplin makes it quick and simple for developers and designers to navigate between various aspects of a project and explore the components within. You can find out about the specific elements of each aspect of your design, by simply selecting the element and the information will appear in a right-hand column.
Zeplin works seamlessly with a range of other tools that developers and designers love to use, such as Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, and Adobe XD CC. Additionally, it's drag and drop structure means that the interface is easy to use for developers and designers alike. When you're trying to bridge the gap between the designers and developers on your team, there's nothing on the market that's quite like Zeplin. In fact, it's already being used by some of the world's biggest companies, including ZenDesk, Pinterest, MailChimp, and Shopify. By working with Zeplin, developers and designers alike can:
- Take advantage of Slack integration to make sure that every member of the team is updated when the status of a project changes.
- Create style guides that help design teams to stay consistent with a project or brand.
- Create exportable designs so that developers can access individual assets quickly and easily.
- Create various projects then update and upload within a matter of clicks.
- Create designs that can be instantly annotated with all the relevant information a developer or designer might need.
- Avoid the old-fashioned specs document in exchange for something that's easy-to-update and agile.
For developers and designers around the world, Zeplin could be the next big thing.